Joshua B. Bevitz
Joshua Bevitz concentrates his practice on real estate, construction, and business litigation. As partner in the Walnut Creek office, Joshua advises developers, builders, and general contractors on a variety of real estate, construction, and insurance related claims. Joshua works with his team to negotiate and, if necessary, litigate claims on behalf of his clients.
Joshua has experience practicing in a wide range of legal specialties, including civil litigation, real estate litigation, construction litigation, insurance litigation, professional liability defense, personal injury defense, transportation law, admiralty law, international law, and criminal law. He has experience litigating cases in both state and federal courts, resolving cases through alternative dispute resolution, and in enforcing judgments.
Joshua also worked for the U.S. Department of Justice, Criminal Division, Office of International Affairs in Washington D.C. While in law school, Joshua was an Executive Editor of the Hastings Law Journal, which published his law school note, Flawed Foreign Policy: Hypocritical U.S. Attitudes Toward International Criminal Forums, 53 Hastings L.J. 931 (2002). Joshua also earned credits at Trinity College in Dublin, Ireland and Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic and honors in his Moot Court and Appellate Advocacy courses.
AWARDS AND HONORS
• Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2015
• University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J. D. – International Law Concentration, 2002
• Washington University, B.A., English Literature – Minor in Writing, 1997
• Washington University, B.S. – Business, Law, and Economics Concentration, 1997
• California, 2002
• United States District Court, Northern District of California
• United States District Court, Central District of California
• United States District Court, Eastern District of California
• United States District Court, Southern District of California
• United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
• Contra Costa County Bar Association
• CCCBA Food Drive Committee