Jeffrey M. Dennis
Jeff Dennis currently serves as the Firm’s Managing Partner and is located in the Newport Beach office. Jeff specializes in a variety of litigation arenas, including construction, real estate and business litigation. Jeff also handles insurance and higher education matters.
He has represented developers and businesses in all aspects of complex litigation matters and handles the insurance coverage issues that arise out of construction claims. Jeff also has experience in business litigation matters involving lease disputes, partnership disputes, employment, breach of contract, negligence and premises liability claims.
As part of his litigation practice, Jeff has represented several Fortune 500 companies in various areas including complex litigation, construction claims, and insurance disputes. He has tried multiple cases to verdict, and has negotiated settlements for his clients, which have a cumulative value in excess of $50 million.
Jeff has long been recognized for his achievements by being named to the roster of Southern California Rising Stars from 2005-2011 and he continues to be ranked a Southern California Super Lawyer 2013 - 2015, he is included in a compilation of the area’s up-and-coming attorneys from the Law & Politics magazine. He has also been published in construction trade magazines for articles related to construction litigation issues.
In addition to his thriving litigation practice, Jeff is active in a number of professional organizations including the BIA of Orange County and San Diego County, Urban Land Institute, and the Associated General Contractors of California. He was also selected to participate in the prominent Presidential Leadership Academy sponsored by the BIA of Orange County.
Jeff believes that community participation is a vital part of his law practice. As such, he volunteered to serve in the Orange County District Attorney’s selective Trial Advocacy Partnership (TAP) program. He is the immediate past president of the Occidental College Board of Governors and helps lead Occidental’s Alumni Association as its Orange County Regional Chair. He also serves on the Executive Leadership Team for the American Heart Association’s Orange County Heart Walk. Under Jeff’s leadership, the firm proudly supports the OC Heart Walk, with over 200 participants joining Team N&D in the 2014 walk. In addition, the firm also hosted a National Eating Healthy Day celebration for executives in Orange County to benefit the AHA.
AWARDS AND HONORS
• University of Southern California School of Law, Honors Moot Court Participant
• Selected to the Southern California Rising Star list by Super Lawyers, 2005 - 2011
• Selected to the Southern California Super Lawyer list by Super Lawyers, 2013 – 2016
• Selected to the Orange County Best Lawyers list, Insurance Law, 2016 - 2017
• University of Southern California School of Law, J.D., 1997
• Occidental College, B.A., 1994
• California, 1997
• United States District Court, Central District of California
• United States District Court, Eastern District of California
• United States District Court, Southern District of California
• United States District Court, Northern District of California
• Orange County Bar Association
• Building Industry Association of Orange County and San Diego County
• Urban Land Institute
• Associated General Contractors of California
• American Bar Association
• Association of Business Trial Lawyers