Philip D. Kopp
Philip Kopp is a partner in the Newport Beach office focusing his practice on real estate, business and commercial litigation, with an emphasis on construction and property damage matters. He also brings significant trial experience on a variety of issues.
Phil has a unique background enabling him to provide practical and effective pre-litigation counseling to businesses to help them address a broad range of risk management challenges.
Previously with Centex Homes, Phil held the positions of Regional General Counsel for the West Coast Region, where he was responsible for all litigation and claims in California, Nevada, Oregon and Washington, and Senior Vice President of Operations, Southern California Coastal Division, where he was responsible for construction, customer service, construction services, product development and design studio functions. Prior to joining Centex, he was a partner with Luce Forward Hamilton & Scripps in San Diego and later with Dowling, Aaron & Keeler in Fresno.
Phil also served in the United States Air Force and received the Air Force Commendation Medal for meritorious service in the aftermath of Hurricane Camille.
AWARDS AND HONORS
• AV® Preeminent Rating by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review
• University of California at Los Angeles School of Law, J.D., 1979; member; Law Review; Moot Court Honors Program
• California Lutheran University, B.A., 1976
• California, 1979
• United States District Court, Northern District of California
• United States District Court, Central District of California
• United States District Court, Eastern District of California
• United States District Court, Southern District of California
• United States Courts of Appeal for the Ninth and Federal Circuits
• United States Supreme Court
• American Bar Association
• Orange County Bar Association
• Orange County Building Industry Association
• Association of Business Trial Lawyers
• American Inns of Court