Thomas H. Reilly
Thomas Reilly specializes in representing employers in labor and employment matters. His experience includes advising employers regarding all aspects of labor and employment law, including employee handbooks and personnel policies, employment contracts, wage and hour issues, background checks, performance counseling, employee discipline, reductions in force, WARN Act compliance, leaves of absence, employee terminations, union avoidance and collective bargaining. Thomas also advises employers on protection of confidential, proprietary and trade secret information. He has assisted employers with investigating and resolving discrimination, harassment and retaliation complaints, and has successfully resolved hundreds of employment disputes.
Thomas has extensive experience representing employers in state and federal court, before government agencies, and in arbitration, regarding claims of wrongful termination, breach of contract, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and failure to pay wages in accordance with applicable law. He also represents employers in unfair labor practices proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board and in grievance arbitration proceedings conducted pursuant to collective bargaining agreements. He has prosecuted misappropriation of trade secret claims on behalf of employers. He has also defended individual managers charged with harassment and misappropriation of trade secrets.
Prior to joining Newmeyer & Dillion LLP, Thomas was a special counsel at O’Melveny & Myers LLP, a partner at Scott, Reilly & Whitehead, and a partner at Arter & Hadden LLP. He is a frequent lecturer on labor and employment issues facing California employers.
AWARDS AND HONORS
• Selected to the Southern California Super Lawyers list, 2010-2014
• AV® Preeminent Rating by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review
• University of Southern California Law Center, J.D. 1983, Southern California Law Review
• Yale University, B.A. 1979
• California, 1983
• United States District Court, Northern District of California
• United States District Court, Central District of California
• United States District Court, Eastern District of California
• United States District Court, Southern District of California
• United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
• Orange County Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section