C. Kendie Schlecht
Kendie Schlecht is an associate in the Newport Beach office, and concentrates her practice in the area of business litigation, with an emphasis on insurance coverage.
Kendie has significant experience in state and federal matters involving insurance bad faith claims, contract disputes, unfair competition claims, and injury to business claims. She has assisted some of the nation’s top builders and developers with pursuing insurance coverage under commercial general liability policies, and has prosecuted numerous bad faith claims against insurance companies for their failure to defend and indemnify their insureds. Kendie has successfully pursued insurance companies to not only honor their duty to defend and indemnify their insureds, but to also pay their insured’s attorneys’ fees incurred in obtaining benefits owed under the policies. Recently, Kendie’s work resulted in a multi-million dollar settlement from a major insurance company for structural repairs to several condominium projects.
Previously, Kendie’s work on behalf of the former Chairman and CEO of a local pharmaceuticals company in a securities class action lawsuit resulted in publication of In re ICN Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Sec. Litig., 299 F. Supp. 2d 1055 (C.D. Cal. 2004).
• University of San Diego School of Law, J.D., 1997, Order of the Coif, cum laude, Associate Editor of the San Diego Law Review
• University of Southern California, B.A., 1992
• California, 1997
• United States District Court, Northern District of California
• United States District Court, Central District of California
• United States District Court, Eastern District of California
• United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
• Orange County Asian American Bar Association, Social Committee
• Asian Pacific American Women Lawyers Alliance
• Orange County Bar Association